Tuesday, January 21, 2014

One week one post keeps the memories fresh.

Week went well.. I guess. Abit boring ever since quarter closing.. but still learning bits and bits..

Life is a never ending learning process. I've never been interested in textbook knowledge. Don't get me wrong. I love learning. But I don't agree with forcing everyone to memorize whats in the textbook, and judging on the ability to score on whats in it.

I'm coming to an end into the "lectures" on communications. Though useful, it seems a bit far-fetched in SG.

It's a sad thing I will say.. that SG people are a bunch of unfriendly, unhappy bunch of people.
In comparison to Taiwan, something just felt amiss. The way they can interact with strangers.. The little helps they offer.. Like for eg.. when in Taiwan, a lady overheard our conversation on the MRT and instantly pointed out we are going in the wrong directions... Has that happened before to you in SG? Has the education of SG always been so academic that children are forgetting the core values of what it is to be human?? Hmmmmm. 

Then I realized something....

My company has not been doing well for the past 2 years. Before I even started working.. It was losing huge sums of money on a monthly basis at a certain department. The certain department was managed by an economist manager. Put in bluntly, it's asking a butcher to sell vegetables. And so, due to the "talented" manager, drawing a high salary, making huge losses in the department, slacking off in the discipline of  his staffs. Even me, a diploma grad, undergoing studies now, knows that if a problem is there, you have to solve it. As a service provider, if you fail to meet the expectation, or worse, damaged the goods that was entrusted to you, it is common sense that you have to pay up. To uphold quality service, we must ensure that that doesn't happens at all. However, unforeseen circumstances might happens and as a manager, you should have take notice of it, come up with procedures on how to resolve it, implements it. Afterall, you are the one that should be responsible for it in the first place. But no, you turn a blind eye, claiming your unjustifiable salary and watching the same mistakes happening all over again, screwing up the whole business and in turn damage the credibility of the company and finally leading to closure of the department.. Not only that, you made other department's workload as difficult as hell and causing a high turnover rate in the company.. and you just shake your butt and walk it off, letting others clean your shit. That's not all. The larger question remains.. What about the director? What has he been doing? Why didn't he realized the incompetence in this manager? Hmmmm. Bottom line, what is the highly paid managers doing? It really puzzles me... Or is this the trend in SG.. where the highly paid are just getting feed with incorrect news and assumes nothing is wrong and the lower income group suffering???

Or is this the way corporation works? So is sg in it's way of becoming a corporation instead of a nation? Every day and night, I've been seeing this... 2016, 2016.. Is that what the govt rly wants?
I might not be excellent in accounting and financing or whatever.. But with a profitable financial report, what justifies for the increase in TPT?

It's really a big disappointment the path that Sg is treading upon..

Oh well, enuff ranting shouldnt talk much on it. ~.~

To end off, I guess I've not reached my initial desired achievement whereby students goes "ORHHHHHHHHH, I UNDERSTAND". BUT I've achieve the part whereby students are willing to listen to me, accept me as a friend more than a teacher, laugh at my jokes, enjoys my teaching... And that to me, is my greatest achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment